St. Helen’s church is located in Welton, East Yorkshire. It is thought to be around 900 years old, dating from the time of William Rufus, King of England, who reigned between 26th September 1087 and 2nd August 1100. The church was restored several times through its history. In 1862 a substantial restoration by George Gilbert Scott took place, resulting in a church in a 13th-century gothic revival style.
The structure was essentially rebuilt and added a south aisle and north transept, with some 15th-century columns and arches, and a piscina retained, a scalloped column capital, an effigy of a knight, and a lancet window date to the 12th and 13th centuries. The restoration also introduced stained glass windows. In 1968 the church was grade II listed.